Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year, No Cable TV

So we came through the new year celebrations without cable. I was streaming the feed from Times Square at www.timessquarenyc.org in one window while at the same time playing World of Warcraft in another. I was surprised at how well the online video feed held up with only a small crash about 1153pm that came back in just a few minutes and in time to see the ball come down.

The only other "I am missing something" moment came on Sunday with the last week of football. I wish I could have seen the Jets game, but it is what it is and I followed it until half time on my phone with box score updates.

So now we're more than 2 weeks into this and it is becoming a bit of a habit. We have shows we want to watch from Netflix. We have suffered from some of our listings going offline. We have found new things to watch instead. And best of all, I've found things I never knew existed as in Hotel Babylon which I'm enjoying so far although only just finishing season 2.

Add all this to the fact that Cablevision has removed the Food Network and we would have been hurting in our normal watching pattern anyway as Food used to be a large part of our viewing habits.

So the 2 week update is I am thrilled I have done this and wish I had done it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment