Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Few Channels Are Gone

We are now without even a single incoming tv signal. The few channels that were bleeding through are now all off line. This has proven a little harder than I had planned on as we do not have a news show or the network coverage we have had almost all our lives. As always though we're getting through it and I have seen things via Netflix that I had never seen or in some cases even heard of before.

This week I even found Hotel Babylon available for streaming. This is huge to me as I've been a fan of the book and the entire Babylon series of books since I first found Air Babylon one day in Melbourne. Sadly though the first season is currently not available to play even though I have it in my queue. It says a couple of days so I am hopeful it comes soon as I'd like to watch the series from the beginning.

So for the first week without cable TV we survived. It has been different but not nearly as difficult as I would have thought. I am left with that "Why didn't we do this earlier" feeling. This will definitely be a lifestyle choice for us that I will not be in a hurry to undo.

No comments:

Post a Comment