Monday, December 28, 2009

First Long Weekend Without Cable

The Christmas long weekend just ended and was our first without cable TV.

We used Netflix a lot during this time watching all the streaming content of Dead Like Me which I was shocked to find did not include every episode of the seasons put up for streaming. For example Season 2 went from episode 1 to episode 6 saying 2-5 were only available on DVD. Really defeats the purpose of having it on streaming. Sure I know you want me to buy more than the one disc out at a time package, but streaming should include all of the episodes put up or not put them up.

This brings us to the next downside of Netflix streaming program. The content that is up there, won't always stay up there. They take content down and a lot of our instant queue will no longer be available after January 1. Sure this allows us access hopefully to new content, but I'm rather disappointed that the selection is being trimmed. If I am going to have to buy the content to be able to watch it whenever I want, I might as well do that and save the Netflix fees. Of course this is not going to be my course of action yet as this cable cutting is about cutting costs, but its something down the road that may happen.

As for not having 300+ channels of TV, I think we survived quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment