Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Unintended Consequences of Cutting Cable TV

As I just wrote below today is our first full day without cable TV and already we are seeing some unintended consequences to our action.

There are no more commercials coming because we are watching DVDs and BlueRays and Netflix. I like this. No more feeling hungry in the evening when I'm watching TV and seeing commercials for a Whopper. I have to admit, I love the Whopper but for obvious reasons no longer eat them. This however doesn't stop me from craving them when I see it on TV. Well no more.

Another thing we didn't count on is the elimination of the clock in the bedroom from the DVR. We both were late getting out of bed this morning because we had no idea what time it was. Time for plan B and using a cell phone on a docking station.

And lastly, we expect the power bill to go down. The DVR was always an item we did not unplug or switch the power strip off in case we had something set to record. This is no longer the case as the PS3 gets power cut. No need for a DVR when you watch TV on demand only from Netflix. Same thing goes for the home phone charging stations. They are no longer needed and have been removed from the household power grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment